4 popular GPS apps for your smartphone
Although using standalone GPS navigation systems in the car is quite convenient, the number of people using their smartphones for navigation is steadily increasing. In a survey conducted by the market research company J.D. Power and Associates in 2013, it was found that the number of car owners using smartphone navigation apps increased from 37% in 2011 to 47% in 2012. Using a smartphone navigation app is a low-cost option when compared to using a GPS navigation device to get the best driving directions. All you need is a dashboard or windshield mount and then place your smartphone in it whenever you need to use the app.
The features of most smartphone navigation apps include advanced lane guidance that indicates exit lanes and complex multiple lane maneuvers, routing options, walking mode for pedestrians, full-route display, traffic data, and live traffic updates. While there are free navigation apps such as Google Maps and Apple Maps, they do not have offline navigation features. To use these apps, there needs to be a constant internet connection. However, with paid navigation apps, the best driving directions will be shown even when there is no SIM card in the smartphone. Here are some of the most popular smartphone GPS apps that are known to show the best driving directions:
- HERE WeGo: This is a free navigation app. Its features include an easy-to-use interface and simple design. This is one of the rare free navigation apps that show the best driving directions even when there is no data connectivity. Other features of this app include showing live traffic information, customizing and saving places on the map for later use, and displaying public transit maps.
- MapFactor: This is another free navigation app. With OpenStreetMap, this app pulls free offline maps every month depending on the user’s preference. This app has features such as basic navigation, voice directions, day and night themes, cross-border routing, and 2D and 3D modes. The paid version of this app gives access to additional maps.
- MapQuest GPS Navigation and Maps: This is one of the oldest known navigation apps for showing the best driving directions with steady and sturdy service. The features of this app include a standard turn-by-turn direction, notifications to find cheaper gas, live traffic updates, and re-routing directions based on the live traffic information.
- Polaris GPS Navigation: This is an all-in-one navigation app since it sources navigation data from OpenStreetMap, Cycle Route Maps, MapQuest maps, and Google Maps. The features of this app include the standard turn-by-turn directions, trail recording, and multiple coordinate formats.
All the above apps are compatible with Android smartphones.
Q. What Kind Of Coverages Are Provided By Say Insurance?
1) Auto Collision: Helps pay for damages to your vehicle after an accident, regardless of whos at fault. 2) Comprehensive: Protects you from non-accident related incidents like theft, vandalism or hail. 3) Liability Car Insuarnce: Covers injuries and damages you cause to others and their property in an accident. 4) Medical Payments: Helps pay for b
Do Auto Insurance Companies Check Driving History?
An insurance company may check your driving record when you are looking for a new policy, renewing your existing policy or modifying the policy by adding a new driver or additional vehicle. You may also wonder whether your driving record can prevent you from getting insurance. Your driving record check typically will not prevent you from getting co
Do Auto Insurance Companies Share The Provided Personal Information?
When you make an insurance claim or begin the process to switch insurance companies, information about your claims history is placed into a national loss-underwriting database. That information can be accessed by all insurance companies that are considering insuring you. However, insurance companies do not share your personal information directly w
Do only breadwinners need life insurance coverage?
The cost of replacing the services formerly provided by a deceased homemaker can be higher than you think, and insuring against the loss of a homemaker may make more sense than one might think, especially when it comes to cleaning and daycare costs.
Do single people without dependents need life insurance?
Even single persons need at least enough life insurance to cover the costs of personal debts, medical and funeral bills. If you are uninsured, you may leave a legacy of unpaid expenses for your family or executor to deal with. Plus, this can be a good way for low-income singles to leave a legacy to a favorite charity or other cause.
Frequently asked questions – CPAP supplies
A CPAP Machine is a sleep-inducing gadget which ca...Read More
6 types of Christmas ornaments you should know about
Christmas ornaments add beauty and cheer to your C...Read More
How can turmeric help in the treatment of arthritis?
Arthritis is a clinical condition which is charact...Read More
Metastatic malignant melanoma – types of treatment
Metastatic malignant melanoma is difficult to trea...Read More