If you are considering buying a used Honda CR-V, then the best place to purchase one without the fear of getting a damaged vehicle, and one that is worth a good deal would be to buy from Honda’s Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle program. For Honda to certify its cars for resale, the car has to be eligible on certain grounds and then pass through testing to get the Honda certification.
Honda believes that every car of it is a product of innovative engineering and quality manufacturing. Therefore, Honda only takes back models that are less than six years old and not more than 80,000 miles for the car to be eligible to enter the certification process. This process also includes:
- A 182 point mechanical and appearance inspection, performed by the dealer, to ensure that each used vehicle meets Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle standards
- Honda-trained technicians scrutinize all major vehicle systems, including brakes, engine, drivetrain, steering, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust system and vehicle interior and exterior
- Dealer technicians recondition any component that does not meet our standards
- Any component that cannot be reconditioned is replaced with Honda Genuine Parts
- A limited warranty that covers engine and transmission components for up to 7 years/100,000 miles.
Warranty: Honda offers its customers, who buy used cars through the CPO program, an extended warranty to give them a peace of mind and trust over their purchase. The warranty covers major transmission components and engine but precludes standard maintenance items, body glass, and interior. Any part that is defective in artistry or material based on general use will be replaced/repaired by Honda. Honda offers its warranty – the Powertrain Coverage for seven years or 100,000 miles.
With every that the Honda CPO programs roll out for resale, the buyer gets access to a complete vehicle history report to indicate and help ensure the buyer that there are no DMV-reported incidents, such as salvage, flood damage, odometer problems and lemon history. Buying a used Honda CR-V through the CPO program ensures that the car fails proof in performance.