Effective remedies for congestion
Cold, flu, and allergies are some of the most common causes that trigger congestion. It is prevalent mostly in babies and children but also affects adults. While common in all seasons, these illness are more prominent during cold weather. They trigger irritation and breathing difficulties. Due to cold or allergies, there is inflammation in the inner lining of nasal passages. This produces more mucus causing congestion in nose and chest. To soothe the irritation and congestion many home remedies can be implemented. In severe cases, consult a doctor.
Home remedies for congestion
- Use a humidifier or vaporizer: Humidifier or vaporizer helps to moisten the nasal tract. It also helps to loosen the mucus accumulated in the nasal tract and prevents it from drying and blocking the nose passage. It’s very effective in reducing chest congestion and breathing difficulties.
- Steam inhalation: Breathe in steam from a warm water pot. It also helps in loosening mucus and gives relief from difficult breathing. A long warm shower also helps as the steam is inhaled during the bath.
- Warm salt water gargling: It gives temporary relief by moistening sore or scratchy throat.
- Lots of warm fluids: Drinking warm fluids like hot warm water, vegetable, and chicken soups loosen and thin out mucus and prevents congestion. It also helps in remaining hydrated.
- Prop your head up: While sleeping try to keep the head elevated by placing more pillows under your head. This makes breathing more comfortable.
- Turmeric milk: Turmeric is well known for it’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Warm milk with turmeric is very effective in clearing chest congestion. It is a widely used home remedy.
- Honey with ginger juice: Ginger has great anti-inflammatory properties. Grate ginger and squeeze the juice. Add it with one tablespoon of honey and take at regular intervals throughout the day. It helps in reducing congestion and relieves a sore throat.
- Honey lemon water: Honey lemon water fights the infection and soothes a sore throat and chest. Honey promotes a strong immune system and fights infections.
- Medication: Some drugs don’t need doctor’s prescription but it’s always better to consult a doctor before using them. Decongestant medicines help in reducing inflammation. They clear the nasal passage and prevent stuffiness. If allergies are the cause of your illness, you should look for allergy medicine having antihistamine for relief. Pain relievers can be used to ease pain that congestion causes, although they don’t give any relief from congestion.
When to see a doctor
- When the condition doesn’t improve for more than seven days.
- When the congestion and symptoms are more severe.
- When there is no relief from breathing difficulties.
Do Auto Insurance Companies Check Driving History?
An insurance company may check your driving record when you are looking for a new policy, renewing your existing policy or modifying the policy by adding a new driver or additional vehicle. You may also wonder whether your driving record can prevent you from getting insurance. Your driving record check typically will not prevent you from getting co
Do Auto Insurance Companies Share The Provided Personal Information?
When you make an insurance claim or begin the process to switch insurance companies, information about your claims history is placed into a national loss-underwriting database. That information can be accessed by all insurance companies that are considering insuring you. However, insurance companies do not share your personal information directly w
Do only breadwinners need life insurance coverage?
The cost of replacing the services formerly provided by a deceased homemaker can be higher than you think, and insuring against the loss of a homemaker may make more sense than one might think, especially when it comes to cleaning and daycare costs.
Do single people without dependents need life insurance?
Even single persons need at least enough life insurance to cover the costs of personal debts, medical and funeral bills. If you are uninsured, you may leave a legacy of unpaid expenses for your family or executor to deal with. Plus, this can be a good way for low-income singles to leave a legacy to a favorite charity or other cause.
Does Auto Insurance Cover Theft?
If your car is stolen, a number of things need to happen for you to be compensated for your loss. First, you will need to file a police report and wait while there is an attempt at recovery. If your car is not recovered, you can file a claim with your insurance company if you have comprehensive coverage. Because of the risk insurance companies face
Wrought iron: The material of choice for patio furniture
Hailing its modern day use from its ancient histor...Read More
Best Cricket phones of 2017 that you should buy
With 2016 gone, Cricket Wireless brings you some g...Read More
Here’s why video game console industry is still thriving
Long ago, there was a rumor that video game consol...Read More