Indigestion and abdominal pain
Indigestion or dyspepsia is a common digestive problem. It can be due to wrongful eating or indicative of another medical condition. One of the main symptoms of indigestion is abdominal pain.
Indigestion has many possible causes ranging from mild to severe health problems and poor eating habits.
- Stomach ulcers
- Intestinal infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Thyroid diseases
- GERD or acid reflux disease
- Abdominal cancer (a rare cause)
Diet and lifestyle:
- Poor diet
- Overeating fatty foods
- Eating fast, not chewing food properly
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Thyroid medicines
- Birth control pills
- Steroid pills
- Certain pain relievers like aspirin, ibuprofen
- Some pregnant women can experience indigestion during their second and last trimesters. The reasons can be hormonal fluctuations and extra pressure on the digestive tract from the growing uterine wall.
- Some people can experience chronic indigestion without a known cause. This is termed as functional dyspepsia.
If you have indigestion, you can experience one or many symptoms at the same time.
- Abdominal pain (of varying degrees)
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Nausea, vomiting
Occasional indigestion requires no treatment. The symptoms can ease after a while. But if you experience severe abdominal pain and other symptoms or if your indigestion is persistent, it is time for medical attention.
- For severe problems, the doctor may conduct some tests like endoscopy or take X-rays to determine the cause of your indigestion. Your doctor may prescribe you certain medicines to reduce stomach acids. But medicines for indigestion often produce side effects.
- Making lifestyle changes may be the best treatment for your indigestion.
- To ease your abdominal pain and other symptoms, you can make certain dietary changes like eating smaller meals and reducing your intake of fried and spicy foods.
- Reduce stress, exercise and lose any excess weight.
- Avoid lying down right after a meal.
Indigestion can be uncomfortable. But it is one digestive problem that is easier to manage.
Do Auto Insurance Companies Check Driving History?
An insurance company may check your driving record when you are looking for a new policy, renewing your existing policy or modifying the policy by adding a new driver or additional vehicle. You may also wonder whether your driving record can prevent you from getting insurance. Your driving record check typically will not prevent you from getting co
Do Auto Insurance Companies Share The Provided Personal Information?
When you make an insurance claim or begin the process to switch insurance companies, information about your claims history is placed into a national loss-underwriting database. That information can be accessed by all insurance companies that are considering insuring you. However, insurance companies do not share your personal information directly w
Do only breadwinners need life insurance coverage?
The cost of replacing the services formerly provided by a deceased homemaker can be higher than you think, and insuring against the loss of a homemaker may make more sense than one might think, especially when it comes to cleaning and daycare costs.
Do single people without dependents need life insurance?
Even single persons need at least enough life insurance to cover the costs of personal debts, medical and funeral bills. If you are uninsured, you may leave a legacy of unpaid expenses for your family or executor to deal with. Plus, this can be a good way for low-income singles to leave a legacy to a favorite charity or other cause.
Does Auto Insurance Cover Theft?
If your car is stolen, a number of things need to happen for you to be compensated for your loss. First, you will need to file a police report and wait while there is an attempt at recovery. If your car is not recovered, you can file a claim with your insurance company if you have comprehensive coverage. Because of the risk insurance companies face
Choosing the Right Ingredients for the Best Dry Cat Food
Your cat does not only need your love and attentio...Read More
Toddler-friendly healthy snacks ideas
As parents, we all know that toddlers can be real ...Read More